Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Talking...

Logan has been adding to his vocabulary quite steadily recently. He's been saying Mama, Dada, and Bubba for a while which is funny because those were Mady's first words also. About a week or two ago, he added ball and balloon. They started out as the same word but now balloon has a "woo" thrown in there to distinguish it from ball. He can say please (dee) and uh-oh. These go together quite often when he throws things from his high chair and decides he wants them back. Then yesterday he started yelling "Dee!" whenever Mady would go by. So we're pretty sure that's how he's saying her name.

Apparently yesterday Mady also took away his balloon and tried to walk into our 2-story entry way (where balloons are not allowed because we can't reach to get them down). Grandma scolded Mady and told her to come back and Logan decided to help by walking (assisted) over to Mady, yelling her name, this time with an mmm on the front of dee and then yelled "no, no, no!" This is the only time he's said the word. I'm so glad he used it to yell at his sister. :)

Today Mady woke up with a fever of 101. I thought I heard her grunting when she was breathing like she did when she had pneumonia back in November. I haven't heard it any more, but fever +grunting does not equal good things in this house. We're hoping it's just a mild bug and she's feeling better quickly!

No comments: