Sunday, March 14, 2010

Mama guilt

Today is Sunday. Sunday brings church. And for a house with small kids, that means nursery. Mady went through a stage (about the age Logan is now) where she had some separation anxiety and would cry when we dropped her off. Well, Logan has now hit that stage himself.

I dropped Logan off 2 weeks ago and he fussed briefly. I was out of town last weekend so my mom dropped Logan off and he didn't cry at all. I dropped Logan off this morning and it was the end of the world. He melted down the moment I passed him to the nursery workers arms. I thought, it's okay, he'll stop as soon as I'm gone. Ummm, no.

When I got back to his room after the service, I could hear him crying as I got to the door. The moment he heard my voice, he was out of sight as I approached, he became hysterical. The workers couldn't pass him to me fast enough and he stopped the moment his little body hit my arms. Today he didn't stop crying the entire time I was gone. Mama guilt.

As soon as I was holding him, he wrapped his chubby arms around my neck as tight as he could and wouldn't let go. He didn't move from the position the whole time we were walking to the car. He was holding me so tight I couldn't even move to reach my purse and get the keys to unlock the car. More mama guilt.

I went to put Logan in the car and he started screaming again. Luke was even in the back seat with him since my dad road with us this morning. He stopped after a minute but his little leftover sobs kept up the entire 15 minute ride home even though he fell asleep in less than 5 minutes. Sigh. Mama guilt.

I hate doing anything that causes my kids such pain. :(

No comments: