Monday, February 22, 2010

Just a Monday

Sigh. My baby boy is 10 months old today. As rough and long as the first months of his life felt like at the time, it really has flown by. He's such a sweet, mischievious little boy. I'm so gonna be in trouble when he starts walking. He's all about banging on everything, figuring out how things work, and flirting with his mommy.

Oh, the flirting. All I have to do is peek at that boy around a corner, over someone's shoulder, behind my hands and I get a huge, dimpled grin and big, sparkly blue eyes. This is also usually accompanied by a very loud screech.

Oh, the screeching. The biggest loudest screeches are reserved for his sister, but more and more they're coming non-stop. And they're LOUD. It's impossible to feed him without being interrupted by scream, after scream. Have I mentioned that I'm in trouble the older he gets?

I was organizing some things in the office today and I needed to put away some papers from the kids' pediatrician visits. As long as I had Mady's folder out, I looked at her stats from when she was 6, 9 and 12 months old. Yep, Logan was bigger at 9 months than Mady was at 12 months. Not just weight either! He was a quarter of an inch taller than she was at a year. I'm not kidding when I call him my big boy!

I can't post without telling a little Mady conversation from today. That girl cracks me up, so here it is.

Mommy: Mady we have to stop at Grandma and Grandpa's house so I can look at something really quick.
Mady: We going to see Great Grandma?
Mommy: Nope, just Grandpa. He's the only one home.
Mady: I'm Grandpa's favorite granddaughter. (Think she been told that a few times!?)
Mommy: Yep Mady. You are.
Mady: Grandpa wants to take me for a walk.
Mommy: I don't know if you can go for a walk. Grandpa's back is hurting and it's been raining today. It's kind of wet to go for a walk.
Mady: Oh Mommy, it's a bee-yOU-tee-ful day!

If you could hear the way she sing-songs beautiful and was so hopeful that Grandpa was going to play with her and take her for a walk. It was precious!

No comments: