So yesterday I ran to Walmart with the kids. I mostly wanted to get out of the house, but there were a few basic items I needed that I could get there also. As we were walking down one of the aisles, we got stopped behind a lady that was consulting her shopping list. Mady walked right up behind her, like within 6 inches of her, and shouted "Mommy! I see her butt!" In disbelief I asked her what she said, so she ran back to me and shouted again "I see her butt!" By now the poor woman turned around to see who was yelling about her butt and I was hurriedly shushing my impulsive daughter.
So how did I dodge a bullet? Mady may have shouted about this poor woman's butt. (And think about it, really what is eye level for a toddler?) But at least she didn't say "big" butt. The woman was very good natured about it and just laughed saying her son had done worse when he was two. Phew!
Today Luke and I had one of those experiences where you can't believe the words that are coming out of your mouth. We had to bring the tv/dvd player from our room in to Best Buy because the dvd player wasn't working. While we were waiting, Mady was playing with the posts with the retractable ribbon that made the divider for the line. She was swinging on them and actually made one of them fall. We were in the midst of telling her to "stop playing with the poles" when we realized how strange and funny that statement was. I never thought I'd be trying to keep my 2.5 year old off the pole. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment