Tuesday, February 16, 2010

It feels so good...

Today friends of ours (J and D) came over to watch LOST. We've started what we hope is a weekly tradition. As we were feeding kids and getting ready for the show to start, J commented that Logan looks like me. When she said it, all I could think was "Finally!"

Sounds like a strange thought, no?

I've been a mom for just over 2.5 years and for most of that 2.5 years I've been told that my kids look like my husband. And they (mostly Mady) do. But I've said since he was born that Logan looks much more like me. There are certain people that are determined to say that he looks like Luke (though my baby pictures disprove this). But FINALLY! someone said that he looks like me! It makes me so excited!

Anyway...

Logan is getting into more and more trouble. He's getting much fast at his goofy crawl and will be out of the room and gone before you know it. He's also much more of a trouble maker than Mady ever was at this age. Maybe he's just more curious, I don't know. But I know I have to watch him much more closely than I did Mady. Blink and he's at the power outlet. Blink and he's pulled himself up on the fireplace hearth. Blink and he's eating a Kleenex... or a power cord. He's just such a BOY! He's always banging on things. He's constantly yelling and growling.

But he's also such a sweet boy.

Tonight he kept crawling over to where I sat on the floor and pulling himself up on me. He just wanted to wrap his chubby baby arms around my neck and put his head on my shoulder and say "awww." He must have stood next to me playing with my hair and hugging me for almost 20 minutes. Mama's boy. I sure hope he stays this cuddly for a long, long time.

No comments: