Ugh! Mady has been quite the 2 year old lately. Every time I take her to "play with kids," she has been hitting, kicking, pulling hair, and pushing constantly. I've tried talking to her about it before we get to our location, time outs, leaving the scene of the crime and none of it is stopping the behavior. I hate to be "that mom" with "that kid." At this point I'm hoping she grows out of it again. It seems like we through this right around 18 months also and then she stopped. I thought "great, we made it through the hitting stage." Um, yeah. It's back.
Some of the cause of the aggression is an extreme possessiveness that has started over Logan. No child may look at, let alone touch, her baby brother. Yes, she tells the other kids that he is "her Logan." I'm so glad that she loves her brother, but it's getting a little frustrating. She never acts out or says anything to adults about it, so I guess that is good. But she needs to allow other kids to at least LOOK at Logan. I mean, she even pulls this on her cousins!
On a happier note, we finally managed to take Logan swimming for the first time today. Every time we've wanted to head out to the pool with him lately, he's ended up napping right at the time that we've been able to go out. So he misses the whole thing. Finally today he woke up right as we were about to get in. He was FINALLY able to wear his cute little board shorts and rash guard. Good thing because they aren't going to fit the Tankeroo much longer! He looked like such a cute little Buddha baby with his rash guard constantly slipping up and allowing his belly to hang out. So adorable! Logan didn't seem to mind the water, though it wasn't his favorite thing when he got splashed by his sister. Mady loves to jump in the water or slide down the slide into the water so splashing is very much part of our pool experience at this point. We didn't stay out long, but we were able to get some cute pics. I haven't had a chance to upload them from my camera, but I'll get on that ASAP!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment