Life has been a little crazy over the last few weeks again. Last week I took the GRE in preparation for entrance to Grad School. I'm looking at going to ASU for their Master's program in Speech and Language Pathology. I have thought for a long time about what I wanted to go into. This is an area that intrigued me and even more so when I made a new friend that does this. I really liked the ability to use some of my knowledge from my Special Ed degree and still be able to work with kids. Another plus is that it's pretty high demand and I can work contract hours. Meaning, I can pick and choose my clients and the number of hours and days that I work. That really appeals to me as I would make the transition to working mom. If something happens and I need to stay home with Mady, I will have that ability. I can either make up the time later or just skip it completely. Plus the salary that I would make doing this is more than I could make subbing or teaching. All very appealing.
Mady turns into a bigger and bigger goofball every day. She loves to take my phone and pretend to call Daddy. She's always walking around with it pressed to her ear, saying "Hi Daddy" in her little baby voice. She's "reading" books to us constantly. She's obsessed. Her books are always scattered all over the living room because they all have to be taken out and looked at. And her reading usually involves a certain amount of singing. It brings a smile to our faces! One other thing that she's started doing is fake laughing when she hears someone else laugh. Luke and I will laugh at something that's going on and all of a sudden we'll hear and "ah, hahaha" from the child. The first time she did it she was watching cars with her cousin. We had never heard her laugh at anything like that and it really took us off guard. She also loves to pretend she's a monkey. This has to be one of her favorite sounds to make. All you have to do is mention the word monkey right now and you get an "ah, ooh-ooh" out of her. That's her backwards version of "ooh-ooh, aah-aah." So silly!
That about all that's going on right now. Just lots of little silly stories. Luke is working tonight. He should be home soon. He's been busy with work and softball. Did I mention he beaned the crap out of another pitcher on Sunday? I know he felt bad, but I couldn't believe he did that! Other than that, we're just hanging out doing our thing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment