Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Update to the angry bum:

Monday, I had to take Mady to the pediatrician to have her bum checked. She had been dealing with what we thought was a yeast infection from all this heat. (Stupid heat!) She had been on a prescription for about 2 weeks and all of a sudden over the weekend it seemed to come back. But, the prescription wasn't helping. So off to the pediatrician we went.

We were able to get in there late Monday afternoon, which was great. I was just happy to get her in there and find some relief from the baby who was screaming with every diaper change. The doctor took one look at her bum and said that it didn't look like a yeast infection any more, but now it looked like a contact rash/infection... whatever you want to call it. The girl had open sores on her bum. So he gives me a prescription for a super powerful diaper rash cream.

So I head off to Walmart. It's actually our closest pharmacy and with $4 prescriptions, who can go wrong. As I'm driving over, I had this feeling that they weren't going to carry it or weren't going to have it for some reason. Well, I was right. It was out of stock. Now, normally I would run to Walgreens which is almost as close. But, the doctor had given me this special card for the cream that turned it from a $200 prescription (did I mention it's supposed to be powerful?) to a $10 copay. Thank goodness! Anyway... the card I was given couldn't be used at Walgreens. Huh? Whatever.

So I waited for Luke to come home and then I ran to CVS. I was tired of lugging a tired baby with me. I get there and hand over the information only to be told that they had it and would fill it, but not until tomorrow. The pediatrician goofed and wrote Tuesday's date on the prescription. What a series of events! At least he had given me two tubes of the cream as a sample. Mady of course thought they were perfect for carrying as soon as she spotted them, but hey, I had them.

Now it's Wednesday and her bum is already looking a lot better. We're changing diapers constantly, but at least the screaming has stopped.

Now if only we could get her nose to stop running.

No comments: