
Since Maddy was 2 and a half months old, she has know how to roll over from her back to her tummy. She's good at it. For a while there, as soon as you put her down on her back, she would roll to her tummy. She didn't like it. She disliked it so much that she quit rolling onto her tummy. Thus ended the Maddy imposed tummy time. This meant that I now had to remember to put Maddy onto her tummy at least once a day. I'm not very good at remembering to do this. So, Maddy hadn't learned how to roll from her tummy back onto her back.
I've been better lately. I finally decided that if Maddy spits up because she's on her tummy, so be it. She can lie on her tummy right after she eats and whatever happens, happens. So Maddy has spent much more time on her tummy lately. AND, I finally figured out how to help her figure out how to roll onto her back. I realized that if she had her arm up and out of the way, the final key was to help her bring her opposite knee up towards her chest. It would get her off her tummy enough to get her started.
Finally, as of Friday, Maddy figured out how to complete these steps on her own. Four months after she learned to roll one direction, she has finally mastered rolling the opposite direction. I never thought I would be so excited to watch a baby roll.
As Maddy has gotten more comfortable on her tummy, she is trying and trying to scoot around to reach for things. If she stays this motivated, she'll be figuring out how to crawl/scoot some way soon. Mobility. Uh-oh! The only problem is that she knows how to get off her tummy and chooses to do so very quickly. Hopefully we can convince her to keep trying!
No comments:
Post a Comment