Saturday, December 1, 2007

Hey, Santa!

So we ran to Walmart to look at fabric for new curtains today. As we're wandering around, there is an announcement that there will be free pictures with Santa for the next hour. Luke and I had wanted to take Maddy to get her picture taken with Santa and this was free, so even better! Luke wasn't with me so that was a bummer, but free can't be messed with.

So we wander over to the photo area and make sure it's really free. (FREE!) It was, so I handed over my baby. Normally, Maddy is not a big fan of men. (Sorry, guys!) But, she didn't even cry. As you can see from the picture though, he had very little face showing. She never even looked at him. I really think she thought that she was kicking back on a soft, squishy couch somewhere. She was so excited to be out of her car seat!

I then began the song and dance that is trying to get a baby to smile for the camera. I snapped my fingers to get her to follow them around to where the camera was. Click! No smile. Baby looks away. Clapping begins to try to get the baby to look back at the camera. But, I had put Maddy's pacifier in my mouth (just the edge!) to hold it so I couldn't do anything to make her smile. I pass off the pacifier. Then the raspberries begin. But, Maddy isn't looking at the camera again. More clapping. Oops, photographer lady misses the smile by a half second, so we repeat the process. Finally, after we've attracted an audience of 5 or 6 people, Maddy smiles and it's caught on camera. I'm really proud of my free Santa picture! (Sponsored by Walmart, Campbells, Goldfish, and Coca-Cola.)

No comments: