
Today was a big day for the Stevens family. Not only was today Thanksgiving, the first Thanksgiving that we had the pleasure of having Maddy, but today was also Maddy's four month birthday. (Doesn't she look happy to be four months old?) I can't believe that we've had Maddy in our lives for 4 months already. It seems longer in many ways, yet it seems like yesterday that she was born. She is such a happy, joyful baby and so much fun to have around. I never tire of hearing her babbling or cooing or blowing those raspberries I was talking about. I absolutely love this kid!
To add to the fun, we decided that today would be a good day to give Maddy rice cereal for the first time. I mean, Thanksgiving is a holiday that is all about food. What better day to try solid food for the first time? Our efforts were met with much crying. We don't know if this was due to the many people and cameras that were in her face or the bland, icky cereal we were trying to put in her mouth. Very little made it into her tummy.
Anyway, Thanksgiving was a good day for us. It was a great time of sitting around the table with family, enjoying some good food. The highlight of the meal was probably Maddy "guarding" the platter of turkey with her little toes. For some reason the platter ended up right in front of Maddy's high chair. Now, for those who have met Maddy, you know that Maddy loves to grab things with her toes (Mommy's shirt, Daddy's finger, straws, etc.) A nice, cool platter was just the thing to try to wrap those toes around. All through the meal, Maddy kept her feet resting on that platter of meat. (She also added some "special sauce" by blowing very vigorous raspberries right in the direction of the meat.)
We took lots of pictures which I'll post in another post since the picture uploader thingy isn't working for me. Oh, and yes, it's November and our grass is that green.
No comments:
Post a Comment