Wednesday, September 19, 2007

How you doin?

As all of you know, Luke and I welcomed a baby girl into our lives on Sunday, July 22, 2007. As a biased parent, I can tell you that she is absolutely beautiful and is the new love of our lives. It's amazing to me because I can't believe that her two month birthday is only a few days away but at the same time it feels like she has been here forever. Every day she changes and grows. It's amazing to watch her develop. She has gone from wide eyes that take everything in (when she wasn't sleeping) to recognizing faces and lighting up when you lean in to give her a kiss. She loves to coo at us to tell us about her day and she has a butterfly that lights up and sings that she loves to smack so that it will work. She's figured out that she can reach up to hit said butterfly and then put her hands down on her tummy to wait for it to finish. And when her arms are tired, she's figured out that she can kick the crap out of the poor butterfly too. I love to watch her learn new things and check out her environment and I can't wait for each new thing to be discovered.

As for Luke and I, we are doing great. Luke is getting ready to be transfered to the airport which will mean longer, crazier hours but will allow some days off when he wouldn't normally get them. It will be great to have him home during the week at times but it will really suck not to have him home on the weekends. At least this new assignment will only be for 4 months. I am staying at home with Maddy and enjoying every minute of it. I'm getting to set up more and more playdates and do some really fun things with the baby. It's hard feeling more one dimensional, but I wouldn't trade it for the world!

No comments: